Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wow. Its been a longtime since I have posted. I think its time to update my thoughts.
Markets-

1. I nailed energy before the majority of the market and made great money. In retrospect I got out too early. I guess those are the best trades. Getting in before the smart money realizes the trend change and not holding out for the bottom.

2. The bond market and stock market bottomed at the sametime in july. In a finance based economy this makes perfect sense. The market cares about only about what it is going to cost them to borrow and leverage.

3. As long as the rest of the world continues to provide cheap credit to the US this game can continue. As Randall Foresyth pointed out in Barrons, the world economy is like the US and USSR during the cold war. Mutual assured destruction.

No comments: